Sunday, January 23, 2011

Take 2?

So, recently my best-friend-in-the-world-kindred-spirit-other-half moved to Colorado; while we didn't see each other as much as either of us would have liked prior to the move, there's just something....other, I guess, about the difference between having the ability to see one another whenever we wanted and simply not having that as an option.  Even if I didn't see Kimmy all that often, I knew she was never more than an hour or two away if I needed her, and vice versa.  

Well, now that the move is complete, and she's, oh, lots of miles away, I thought we should rekindle something we started a few years ago.  At that time, we'd decided that one way we could stay in touch was to maintain a blog together.   One thing that joins our souls is our completely ridiculous and probably unhealthy adoration of all things food:  cooking it, eating it, talking about it, watching other people do it - food rocks our worlds, even with all the miles between us, and our blog, Whip, Whisk, Repeat, was an homage to that.

I realized today that, sadly, do to inactivity our original blog is kaput; it no longer exists, unfortunately.  Hopefully, after Kim receives my invitation, she'll agree that we can attempt a take two, if you will.  I imagine with her new-found home will come different kinds of ingredients, different ways of cooking them based on temperature and elevation and all those things we forget effects our cooking, and hopefully we can stay in touch here.  So.....I suppose the next entry will have to wait until Kimmy decides whether or not she's got time to do this.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment